In an Emergency
In an Emergency Dial 999 and ask for the Coastguard or use VHF Channel 16.
VHF Channel 14
Subscribe to receive regular news and important notices including Notice to Mariners via email.
Listen to the Website
You can listen to this website by downloading a free copy of NaturalReader
(or by using any other text to speech software you might have).
This software is easy to use, free, and helps people who find it hard to read, such as those with dyslexia or learning difficulties, those for whom English is not their first language, and those with mild visual impairments.
Main Features of NaturalReader
NaturalReader is easy to use even if you have very little computer knowledge.
- Text to Speech - converts any written text (i.e. MS Word, web pages, PDFs or emails) into spoken words with Microsoft voices.
- Floating Bar - allows you to listen to text without disturbing your reading on screen.
- Change reading voices and speed - a speaker menu and control slider is available.
- One-click technology - just select any text and press one hot key (no need to copy and paste).
- Magnifying text - zoom in and magnify text.
- Change text font - change the text font, style and size.
Windows and Mac versions are available free to download:
Operation system: windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP/Vista/Win7
Memory: 128 MB (256 recommended)
Free Disk Space: 50MB (Natural Voices may require 600MB free space)